czwartek

Day 3. Oxford - Heidelberg 578 miles.

This was ment to be a motorway day. I got up at 4 am to be sure I get to Dover for 9 am. I left at 5. I made a wrong turn and ended up in oxford centre.Damn, i've lost maybe 20 min. Finally i did find M40 direction LOndon, then M25 and M20 to Dover. Got there with 1,5 hour to spare. I;ve met a very nice couple. He on a Varadero 1000, she on a F 650 Gs. They were on the way to Black Forrest. "where are you going, someplace cool?"-they asked. "Nepal"-I said like it was a short trip to Morrisons for a pizza. I will never forget they surpriced faces. Few days back they have read about me on UKGSER website. World is very small.


I wasn't crying watching GB dissapearing. I have left a very comfortable bed behind me. Dinners every night i everything else i got used to for last 3,5 years. And my wife of course who cries from time to time because she cares about me.This feeling scared me a little bit because i realised this is it. Now the Journey starts.

Ferry reached Calais at Noon. Now there will be just speeding on motorways all the way down to Heidelberg. I wanted to get there before dark, as everybody knows I hate riding at night. Distance was huge. Welcome in Belgium, welcome in netherlands, welcome in Bundesrepublic Deutschland. I did a mistake and took wrong turn. When i saw a Tram i brussel i knew i need to turn back. After this the road was long and booooring. From Brussels direction Leuven, then Aachen, Koln, Koblenz, very long queue, Ludwigshafen, Mannheim, Heidelberg. I did not have any problems finding Aga's address as I have been to heidelberg before. I did 578 miles from Oxford to HD in 15 hours (inc.Ferry).
Quick shower, casual clothing and a beer!I did deserve it, no doubt. We spent the evening sitting on the Castle, drinking wine in very big glasses.Very Posh!!

Brak komentarzy: