niedziela

Day6 Heidelberg to Goettingen

I decided not to use motorways anymore. German Autobahns are superb, fast and smooth as a table but…, yes, there is but…they are incredibly boring. Bends are profiled so they feel like straights. I’ve chosen longer route, time consuming but twisty. And that was first time so far I really enjoyed riding. Weather was good, few showers, winds, but it didn’t bother me. I had 250 miles to do, which makes 6-7 hrs on B roads. Route was great, twisty roads, uphill bends, tight corners and beautiful views. Once I scratched the road with my panniers, forgot I have them and that bike behaves different. Specially during breaking from high speeds. Rear was sliding like Yamaha under Rossi. I was so into the road that I stopped only to piss and drink some tea. I didn’t want to stop so no photos…

I won’t forget entering Goettingen. I arrived from the direction Baggersee. Here in this town, I’ve spent 3 years of my life. I felt strange. I new each junction, each shortcut, each passed building… I smiled. It was a good idea to come here. I arrived at Pawel and Renia’s exactly 6.5 hrs after I left Heidelberg. I unloaded the bike, panniers here, tyres there. Bike trousers “needed air”, I have few complaints about them, there should be more ventilation. I wonder whose fault is this, jacket is great, loads of ventilators on arms, back and front. Trousers have small vents at the thigh level and that’s it. After few hours my bum was surely red! Well they will have to do. I got my coffee and beer. Beer went quick with no question. 2 hours later I was sitting with Kazik and Pawel aka Jezus in Mercedes, speeding 170kmh to Hanover to pick up Misiek. He can not wait, we mustn’t be late! We cam back before 12am.

Brak komentarzy: