sobota

15.11.Amritsar.India

I apologise but I won’t catch up on the Pakistani story. I’ll try to do it once I am back, however believe me there is not much to write about. The only place worth mentioning was Gilgit and Karakorum.

While staying in Lahore we decided with Richard to fly to Gilgit. To try something new and have a rest from biking. In the morning we set off for Islamabad. Only from there we could fly to Gilgit. After few hours of horrific riding we got to the airport. We were refused to enter
motorway so we had to take N5, really bad road and very dangerous.

We bought our tickets. Flight however was not certain, flights to mountains depend on the weather. For last few days planes were flying on schedule and there was no problems. So we were calmed.

At 7.15 we took off. After 10 min views became spectacular. Flat dirty ground changed into beautiful mountains. Pilot shouted that on the right we could see Nanga Parbat. My first 8000m peak.

The flight itself was amazing. We were flying at 5500m almost between peaks, but Nanga ruled the sky. Hotel was OK, only 290 rupees for a room. It was really cold there so we got some extra blankets.

Tourist office was next to the hotel. We agreed for price of safari with the owner. And because it was 9 am and we only had one day we had to hurry.

Old Toyota Land Cruiser picked us up from the hotel shortly before 10am. We had Passu and glacier nearby planned as well as Rakaposhi peak of 7000m. I felt really good when we were climbing Karakorum Highway higher and higher. At some point

Close to Passu we were at 3000m. All that gave me a foretaste of what is ahead of me, Annapurna trekking!

We’ve paid for hotel in Rawalpindi for 3 days, we wanted to leave our luggage there and take just necessary things to Gilgit.

After we came back we had one more night. In the morning I rode away to India and Richard to the airport to catch a flight to London. The story of sending his bike to London requires one whole post .

Since 2 days I am in India in Amritsar. Border crossing was fast and without problems. Maybe because I came just before closing and guys just wanted to go home.

I have checked in to a gratuitous hotel facing Golden Temple.

India fascinates and shocks at the same time. I have to admit that poverty can be seen all around, and a lot of disabled or challenged people. Lots of homeless sleeping on the streets. Traffic is even worse than in Pakistan and Iran together.

Brak komentarzy: