sobota

17.11 Shimla


I feel really bad today. I have a headache and nausea. I don’t feel like eating, only sleeping all the time?! I woke up today after 12h of sleep. Hardly, contemplating if its even worth. Through the window I could see monkeys jumping from roof to roof looking for some food.

I don’t understand why I feel so miserable. I am on 2200m above sea level, so it is not that high. It was much higher in Gilgit. Maybe its a sun stroke and I should avoid direct sun? I don’t feel like doing anything today. It is first time during my journey I wish it was over. In straight line it is only 900km to Kathmandu but in reality it will be something like 8 to 10 day

I left Amritsar yesterday by N1 to Delhi. First stage was dreadful. Pakistan was a kindergarten, India is terror on the streets. Absolutely no rules and f*** klaxons. Honking, never ending, loud and with bizarre melodies. I turned towards Jalandhar. Small villages started to appear. I lost my way few times which became everyday habit during my trip. When I reached Una I got really cold. I was entering high mountains, beautiful mountains. It was Himachal Pradesh upland. Views were breathtaking but I decided not to stop every time I see something interesting. It was so long ago that I could lean on my bike like that. Riding through these beautiful passes between mountains and amazing nature around made me smile to myself. First time I have encountered a horde of monkeys occupying all the trees and roads. It was definitely a good choice. Traffic eased but still you could bump into a truck parked across the road and half on your side, dough! There was one problem though, average speed was about 40 kmh and it was still far to Shimla.

At 5 pm I realised that either I will have to stop and camp wild or ride in the dark to reach Shimla. I chose the second option when in one of the hotels on the way I was asked 600 rupees for a room. I was tired and dirty, and on top of that it was really cold. I didn’t stop however to put something on, I was freezing. I noticed lights on the horizon, it was Shimla, proudly covering the hill. Hotel I found was awful but it was enough for me. It is cold inside I had to use both sleeping bags. There is no heating no TV nor bathroom or any other luxuries. In the bathroom nearby I could wash myself pouring water from the bucket while standing on the cold floor. ... but what can you expect for 3 £.

As I’ve already mentioned I woke up late today. A walk around Shimla isn’t easy, every street climbs uphill. And I fell really bad. Tomorrow morning I will decide whether to stay one more day or ride to higher mountains. If my state is related to the heights I have to reconsider that.





Brak komentarzy: