niedziela

Day 10-11 Berlin

I drunk to much yesterday. “przepalanka” was exceptionally good. It reminded me my father and his ritual of preparing this home made vodka. Arek came, that cheered me up. I haven’t spoken to him for ages. And I haven’t seen my brother and his wife since March which was a tough month for our family. We have reminisced old times with help from vodka.

This time I wanted to see Berlin by night. Stroll on illuminated river promenade resulted in few good photos.


Arek showed me Berlin from completely different perspective. Specifically from the push bike seat. I with camera, he with tripod under his arm, rode along Berlin wall. When I looked at that wall I tried to imagine what a citizen of East Berlin felt waking up in the morning and seeing soldiers guarding western paradise. The wall is not that high, but without help not easy to conquer. Nowadays, it is decorated with thousands of graffiti, some are even decent.


Brak komentarzy: