sobota

Day one Edinburgh to Oxford






First day of the trip is behind me. Getting to Oxford took me 3 hrs more than before (7 all together). Now I will have beer with Misiek and than straight to bed. Tomorrow some sightseeing and super duper dinner.

So, everything started at 9 am when I shut the door of my home, which doorstep I won’t cross in the next 4 months. Konrad and Ania were there, Kenny, Steve, Wojtek and of course my beloved Ewelina. From home we rode to Dalkeith, where I used to work for last 1,5 years. There, I was supposed to meet few bikers. And they were there Voyager, Skynet, Stumpy, Blackal and Secret Agent Len.

After quick coffee I realised that I left my road map at home, damn it! Ken jumped on the V-Strom and went back to get it. First delay was caused by my bursting head preoccupied by travel. There was no real hurry, but I still had some 450 miles ahead of me. Shortly after 10 am eight motorcycles left MCE towards Glasgow. We spent there maybe 20 min and at last I met people I only knew by phone.
Ken R. thought that it would be great to go to Carlisle by scenic roads, which wasn’t a bad idea, views were awesome but it added to my delay. Few miles towards Edinburgh and than we took A73. Next A721 and finally A702. We stopped near the exit to M74. When I embraced Ewelina it hit me what I’m up to. Being alone for 4 maybe 4.5 months won’t be easy. When she started to cry I felt sad and realised how much it must cost her to let me do this trip. I love you Zaba.
I shook guys hands, last photos and I took off to Oxford listening to Tricky’s “ she makes me wanna die”

First traffic jam came near Preston, initially I waited 5 minutes. But seeing that I haven’t moved at all, I decided to take a hard shoulder. Congestion stretched for next 20 km!!! Next one came near Birmingham. Hard shoulder again…. And than I saw police lights…shite. “why I ride this way? How long I ride a bike? Where am I going? What driving license do I have and how do I like 4 points of my license? “ Finally after small debate and me saying mostly “I’m Sorry, I won’t do it again” they let me go without penalty. My spirit was broken and I was stuck like an arse in that traffic. 10 km took me 1hr. I got to Oxford around 9pm.
Misiek waited at the doorstep and beer in the fridge!!!

Motorbike was perfect, the only problem were panniers, like sails they caught every blow of the wind throwing me from one side of the road to the other…
After 297 miles I fuelled the bike knowing that last time engine stopped at 305.

I HAVE DONE 472 MILES.




Brak komentarzy: