poniedziałek

Day 2- Oxford

We woke up around 9 am. Are we getting up?- I asked. Whatever- replied Misiek. For next 20 min we discussed if it is even worth. I got up first, turned the computer on while Misiek started to prepare breakfast. I started my day checking emails, every now and then dipping my nose in a mug of instant coffee. Not my favourite but it didn’t matter. There were few posts on UKGSER, I was delighted! Its great to know that my trip has a few observers.

We left before 11am for sightseeing. Last time we had only one evening on the way to Monte Carlo and we haven’t seen much. We walked narrow and mysterious alleys and got to Museum of Natural History. I am not a big fan of museums but I agreed. We were welcomed by the skeleton of T-Rex. It must have been a beast but those tiny arms … not easy! There was a lot of exhibits, skeletons of giraffes, elephants, dinosaurs, primates and even extinct Dodo.

Misiek wanted to buy a T-Shirt. So we went to shopping centre, where thousands of people fought for 70% discounted goods. T-Shirt “feeling lucky” with skull wasn’t bad but Misiek didn’t buy it.

WE were just leaving when I heard “ wait I’m gonna buy it” I waited for him, maybe 5 min. Walking wide corridor we passed short blond guy. “Misiek is it OK to ask famous person for a photo?” I asked . “Sure” I heard. “ So come with me” I added. I catch up with the blond “ Mr. Kovalainen, would you mind a photograph with me?” “Not at all” answered Heikki with big smile. We shake hands Misiek shoots the photo. A bit blurred but still OK. The Fin impressed me, with positive energy and optimism. Formula 1 star, winner of the Race of Champions, the same one that thrashed Michael Schumacher. I just hope he will do better. Good luck Heikki!!!

I was ready to go back. He made my day. Just one more important photo in front of the pub where J.R.R Tolkien used to spend his time, beer in Misiek’s favourite pub and than home. For a few minutes we watched a video with Niki, Misiek’s daughter. His flatmate came just when we played Sade in background, seating on the sofa with wine glasses in our hands. I don’t want to know what thought crossed her mind;)

After dinner we just had time go for one beer on the river bank, where we laughed the memories of old commodore games and at the family that could start sailing their gondola. See you in Goettingen, Doctor!



Brak komentarzy: