niedziela

Romania, Constanta. 25th September

I didn’t get to Romania the first day. It appeared to be to far. When I was approaching Slovakian border I couldn’t control myself. I had to stop every 100 meters to take a photo . Tatra mountains are beautiful and weather was good. One could admire them in whole beauty. Considering the distance I had to ride, I decided not to stop again.
I don’t remember where, I got lost a bit. But this is not important, its were I dropped the bike for the first time! Silly thing, I sat on the bike, fold the stand, turned the key and started the engine. Bike was on first gear, you can imagine the rest, full embarrassment. Plenty of onlookers but nobody to help. F*** It took lots of sweat to put it back on wheels. Only then I felt how heavy the bike is. No damage, crash bars and panniers did their job. One more fuelling and I entered Hungary. After Miskolc I’ve put up my tent on some lake. I was exhausted and it was getting dark. I cooked some soup and tea. Sink into double sleeping bag and slept like a baby. I will have to get used to all strange sounds…..
Next day I got to Romania. And momentarily traffic changed . Everybody who doesn’t have a Dacia was speeding to break a neck. Overtaking as third is normal. 100km/hr through the city as well. Romanian villages shocked me. Life is focused along main road where one can sit and observe the traffic. Rest of the roads just ground and rocks, no tarmac. I felt bad even to stop and take photos. It looks that nobody has money. However all have the newest mobile phones. I attract attention wherever I go. Motorbike particularly. Just yesterday, some guy insisted to have a photo on my bike. Well….
It is not to bad so far, but not as I imagined. I wanted more camps in beautiful scenery. Unfortunately besides Carpathians, Romania is flat as table, crop fields everywhere and no trees. Only Carpathian mountains gave me some satisfaction. Beautiful bends, corners, and mountains.
I miss Zaba (Ewelina), it’s a pity we couldn’t do it together. Talking to myself suppose to be fun, but its not. And there is so long left. Will I manage? I don’t know. More east should be cheaper and more hospitable. We will see…
I can’t upload any photos here so will be without.
Keep your fingers crossed!!

Brak komentarzy: