wtorek

1 October. Simlav

I left before 10 am to Istanbul harbour that was maybe 10 min from the Sinbad motel. I bought ferry ticket to Yalova. For 30 lir it was even worth, this way I avoided traffic travelling around. On the ferry I met Mustafa who lives in Bursa. He was a good company, even bought me a tea, but didn’t drink himself, you know its Ramadan. From Yalova to Antalya, app 700km. Not possible on those roads. I knew I would have to stop somewhere for the night. Sights were superb and it looked that I would finally camp….Self brewed tea, and instant Chinese soup , that I bought in Rabka….

On the suburbs of Bursa I came across BMW salon. I stopped there, anyway I needed a rest. Guys in suits welcomed me as real traveller. Standard set of questions. Photos.

They told me that there is a nice lake not far where I could camp. Great, they had a rideout there 2 weeks ago with clients. They showed me maps and how to get there. But I’ve never got there. I got to Simlav. I stopped there at petrol station, the best place to find information. Motorbike again became the centre of interest and everybody wanted to help. I asked about the lake. They said there is no. I told them with hand language that I’m tired and want to kip, the best on the campsite. One said I could camp at the station. OK, we looked , there was not enough space. On the grassland behind there are apparently some snakes… Other one said to follow him. His name was Mustafa, exactly second guy I met and the same name. On the other side of the street was a building. Quite big and shabby. In front the grass was just cut. “here” said Mustafa. Great. “but diner first” he added. He’s invited me inside, inside was a sunflower oil factory. Everywhere sacks with sunflower seed, tins with oil and big oil containers. Noise of the machines , smell of sunflower seeds created the mood. We ate, had some chai and then tey took me to Turkish baths. When I started to unpack my tent, Mustafa stopped me and said that I would sleep in his house, next nice surprise.


At 2 am there was a supper , because they are not aloud to eat meat after that. Than bed, I slept like a log. In the morning they bid me farewell and I rode away to Antalya. I got there at 5pm.

Brak komentarzy: