czwartek

9 October. Goreme-Rafahiye

I left Goreme with heartache. That place was unbelievable. If only Zaba was there with me. A magical location.

I rushed in the morning to get as far as possible. Towards Erzurum. I knew I wouldn’t get there but I had to try. Erzincan was more realistic. I could have spent the night there and next day get to Degubayazit. I stopped for a coffee few times and once for lunch. And of course I paid too much again, or at least I thought so.

I don’t know why it took me so long, but even Erzincan started to look beyond my reach. Just before place the name I don’t remember any more, I was stopped by a military police. Passport this….passport that…. They hold me there for 20 min. It was getting dark. Next to the petrol station was a hotel. A guy with wide smile said 40 lir. I replied with even wider one “no thanks” and left. I spotted nice clearing and got there through some mud. I set my campsite just next to the stream. In meantime I started a bonfire. Somebody had seen it and started to shout form the street. I quickly extinguished it, but nobody came. I don’t know what he wanted. Maybe thought that something is on fire and wanted to know if it is under control. I was quite scared that somebody would come and threw me out. The night was quiet and peaceful though. But it was the coldest night from all. I slept in motorcycle gear in 2 sleeping bags and my teeth were clanking.

I got up at 6am and before 7 was on my way. 20 min later I got to in Erzincan. Now the target was Degubayazit but I didn’t get there.

Brak komentarzy: