wtorek

3 October. Antalya


I slept very long. The city is not particularly interesting. If not for the mountains on one side and see on the other I wouldn’t even stop here.

Ordinary sea resort, where every second building is a hotel or pension. I’ve spent some time lazing on the beach, writing diary and sipping bear. I have to add that beer was not that cheap, but I couldn’t deny myself small tasting of national brew. It was called Efes.

Early afternoon was approaching. Guy at the reception gave me a map with all tourists attractions around. Not far (90 km) from Antalya there is a small place Olimpos. Where narrow path leads to the place where according to mythology Bellerofon on back of winged Pegasus defeated Chimera. I got to the place with flat rock, ascending steeply up, with many holes blazing fire. Everywhere stunk gas. I was face to face with mythology.


At the bottom there are still Byzantine ruins. And during those time this site was popular. I came back to the hotel after dark. Last km I did on the fumes of petrol. Petrol, unfortunately is the biggest expense in Turkey. 1 liter was more than one pound.

Brak komentarzy: