wtorek

4 October. Antalya- Konya

That was a day! I started before 9am. I had more than 500km to Goreme in Cappadocia. I didn’t get there that day. I traveled through the most beautiful mountains I have seen so far in Turkey. Twisty and fast. Trees on one side abyss on the other. After few hours my stomach demanded food. I stopped in some village where I smelled fried meat. I was ripped off first time since coming to this country. I paid twice as much as I would in the center of Istanbul! But I didn’t want to argue. And after an hour of kind service and nice chat , I didn’t see it coming. I left leaving big cloud of dust.... F*** this. This is Turkey great kindness of some people mixed with greed of others.

I passed Konya around 5pm. To Goreme I had 200km more. Mountains finished and planes started.

It started with sand storm. I couldn’t see for 50 meters. The wind became stronger and stronger, after few minutes it turned into the worst wind and rain I had ever traveled in. Two times I have almost ended up under the truck, and they didn’t care...

I’m not going any further I thought. Setting a camping in this conditions was impossible. Gas station. From one gesture to the other, they told me to wait in the restaurant. I got chi and around 7pm together with 17 Turks I had Ramadan dinner for ½ price what I paid those buggers in mountains. And of course police came, asked standard set of questions, then photo. Exchange of emails, addresses, and again I was called CRAZY.

I set my tent on the concrete floor. That was the coldest night so far. Early morning at 6am I said good bye to the guard. I received traditional Turkish farewell, touching with both sides of the forehead. At 11.30 I arrived to Goreme. And there shock....

Brak komentarzy: