niedziela

13 October, Tabriz. Iran

Thousands of singing throats woke me up. Today was the end of Ramadan. Holiday and new year all together, big celebration. It was after 7am. When I left the hotel I was shocked. Hundred thousands of people praying at that moment, according to statistics million people. Streets were closed, covered in rugs almost everybody had one. If not they were praying kneeing on newspapers or bags. Men separately from woman. All around people, up to the horizon. From speakers one could hear “MC” and others were repeating. At 8 all disappeared. Since I was up I decided to go sightseeing. I wanted to see that Bazaar Tasha was talking about. I found it, but it was nothing special, because of the holiday everything was closed. I exchanged 100$ with the black marketer. Next corner I met a man, and another one, we were looking for internet café, without success. From one thing to other one of them promised to sell me 20liters of fuel for 20000rials, great. When I was standing if front of shop with mobile phones, young men approached me, and spoke English. I wanted to buy a SIM card, because my phones don’t work here. He didn’t really understand what I wanted. Two other joined us. One of them offered his phone card so I could call Ewelina. Later gave me a tour of the neighborhood. Showed some ancient church (2000 years old) and café internet, I am right now writing . Next took me to the bus and gave me 2 tickets. I arrived to Agoli park. I didn’t like it to much. There , I had the best kebab so far, and the price was also “the best” 60 000!!! I paid 100 000 for hotel. I was stunned. Its almost 7 bucks! I don’t know maybe I was ripped off. The guy used abacus! 21st century and he used abacus! I joined 2 guys at the table so maybe I’ve paid for them!!! No idea. However kebab was jaw dropping, so maybe the price was right.

When bus was approaching the stop I was still quite far. So started to run, driver honked that he is waiting. I got in and wanted to pay, he replied NO and pointed seat next to him. All others were standing and I sat next to the driver! I could see the chaos on the street as through his eyes. Scary!!! When we arrived I thanked again, again I am not paying for something, only pity those are pennies ;)

I came back to my hotel, cooked myself coffee, and came here. Unfortunately I forgot usb cable so no photos today, I will try to upload them tomorrow in Teheran. Karaj is more realistic. Buzz and Tasha have a friend there, he is supposed to show me the town. I sent him an email, if he replies would be awesome. If not I would have to do it on my own. In Teheran I need to service my bike in BMW and register in embassy. Again, another Japanese student was kidnapped….

Iran it’s a cultural mega shock. You could see woman and its allowed to hold hands on the street. However hands and face are the only things one could see. They look like Zorros, but all have modern cell phone, camera etc…

Brak komentarzy: